Saturday, October 11, 2008

Unity Project
















When building my unity project I explored the option of a diamond shaped fan and then tried to make an actual diamond out of my skewers and bristol paper. The fan was too weak with the and the rubber cement kept making it fall apart. Then my teacher showed me that the fan actually looked like a diamond. Then I thought about making a diamond. I really did not like the diamond idea and it really did not show much unity. Then for my final I wanted to make something like square lamp or lantern. I decided to make three rectangular shaped blocks out of the skewers and bristol board. I alternated the paper on the outside to make the joints and I also alternated the heights of the blocks to show the skewers more and to unify them through their shapes and joints. Overall I think that they are really unified around one idea of alternation.

No comments: