Friday, October 10, 2008
For my leaf project I started out with the idea of building a tree with seven branches to represent the seven prongs on the leaf and using the leaf as the tree topper to represent the prong on the very top of the leaf. Then I really wanted to show the prongs, so with the help of my teacher, I created a sort of cradle where the prongs stick out between each bar. Finally, I came up with my final project. I used a bright green background to really allow the darkness of the leaf to pop and the burgandy bands are the same color as the deep veins that run throughout the leaf as it is dying. The small squares really accentuate the prongs by letting light in and giving them a place to rest.